Mixing Operator130000UQ, LaGrange
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Mixing Operator is responsible for the acquisition and addition of raw materials into mixing equipment and the operation of that equipment until batches are completed and transferred. Adherence to Henkel’s Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) standards and practices, and support of Henkel Adhesives Technologies Consumers Manufacturing’s Vision are maintained as a top priority. The Mixing Operator is expected to perform the required duties of this position in full compliance with departmental standard operating procedures.
What we offer
The Mixing Operator position serves the role of executing production in the safest, most efficient manner possible for the manufacture of product that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations. In doing so, the Mixing Operator bears responsibility in the following areas:
- Compliance with Henkel’s Vision and Values.
- Support of the AC Manufacturing Department Vision.
· Execution of duties in accordance with Henkel’s Safety Health Environment (SHE) standards and practices including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Immediate correction of safety hazards.
· Stoppage of production due to concerns regarding safety, quality of product, equipment damage, etc.
· Execution of duties in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures including accurate and timely completion of required paperwork.
· Engagement and ownership of one’s own work area and equipment. This includes the resultant quality of the product and administrative work being produced, the level of productive achievement and the housekeeping standards maintained.
· Execution of minor equipment troubleshooting/repair and regularly scheduled operator maintenance.
· Compliance with supervisory direction including special project work.
· Maintains a professional, team-player attitude, helping other Henkel employees and temporaries exceed expectations.
· Self-identification of training and development needs.
· Recognizance and communication of paperwork errors, process order related or otherwise.
- Understanding of the Continuous Improvement (CI) program and related tools.
· Support and integration of the CI program in areas of responsibility.
· Identification and communication of Continuous Improvement (CI) opportunities. Implementation of opportunities with supervisor approval.
- Operates rubber grinding equipment independently.
- Reads and interprets mixing process orders, understanding raw material requirements under guidance of a Grade II, Senior or Supervision.
- Selects and retrieves raw materials.
- Adds raw materials to mixing equipment in accordance with process order instructions.
- Operates mixing equipment under the guidance of a Grade II, Senior or supervision.
- Performs operator maintenance as defined by the Maintenance Department.
- Identifies housekeeping infractions and takes actions to resolve.
Metrics include, but are not limited to:
· SHE indicators
· Product Quality level including customer returns
· Material usage variance
· Labor utilization and efficiency
· OEE (Overall Equipment Efectiveness)
· 5S audit scores
· Equipment up-time and condition
· Accuracy rate in performing required tasks
· Hourly performance review components
Who we are looking for
· High school graduate or GED
· Completion of any relevant manufacturing training requirements.
· Completion of operations and safety training matrix and schedule.
· Certified in operation of fork lifts where applicable.
· Demonstrates a professional, team-player attitude toward work and co-workers.
· Demonstrates strong communication skills.
· Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
· Must be dependable and punctual.
· Must operate with a sense of urgency.
· Able to understand and perform basic math.
· Demonstrates a thorough understanding of process order documentation.
· Able to work in a variety of weather conditions while wearing a full fire suit where applicable.
· Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the solvent metering system where applicable.
· Able to lift up to 60 pounds repetitively and up to 70 pounds on an occasional basis.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career