Development Scientist1300016I, Irvine, CA
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion. Have you got what it takes?
This position is responsible for leading dicing die attach film product, including formulation, testing, and scale-up of proprietary electronics materials.
Products must be developed in a timely manner that will permit their evaluation, qualification, and implementation by Henkel customers
Additional responsibilities include determining development strategy and direction, valuing projects, leveraging technology across different projects, interacting with Research Platforms, and supervising technicians and junior chemists.
What we offer
- Lead complex, long and short term product development projects. Determine technology approach and conceive innovative routes in the formulation and testing of materials. Employ sound experimental designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for customers, management and technical audiences.
- Contribute to the development of strategic objectives for product development.
- Develop, organize and manage internal processes designed to support cross-functional stage-gate teams to achieve the development of new technology products consistent with established strategic objectives.
- Provide technical support services to manufacturing and quality as required.
- Actively promote technology across various groups and development teams, and seek new technology directions from other groups and from the Research Platforms.
- Assure all Product Development laboratory work is carried out in a safe manner including employees wearing personal protective equipment, trained on safety practices, 5s, etc. and that products and processes comply with all deferral and state regulatory agencies.
- Act as a technical resource for laboratory development in team’s area of responsibility such as die attach, molding compound, liquids, or applications engineering.
- Support intellectual property activities and provide guidance and recommendations on patents, trademarks and proprietary agreements. Contribute to the development of IP strategies for area of responsibility.
- Assure all new products meet international chemical health and safety requirements.
- Supervise and coach technicians and associate chemists on chemistry and processes and on day to day activities.
Who we are looking for
Education & Professional Requirements:
· Experienced dicing die attach film development for 3 years at minimum. Having knowledge on key properties and customer process.
· Experienced film adhesive development for 5 years. Having knowledge how to design the formulation and the manufacturing
· Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or other relevant discipline + 5-10 years of relevant industrial experience. Alternatively, a Masters or Bachelors degree + 10-20 years of experience may be considered.
· Studies and experience in the areas of adhesives, surface chemistry or composites.
· Experience in the analysis and application of chemical, physical and mechanical data to problem solving and product development.
· Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis techniques.
· Experience in directing the activities of laboratory technicians.
· Demonstrated ability to partner with customers in product development programs.
· Experience in technical writing of reports, publications and patents, and in public speaking and technical presentations to customers and at industry technical meetings.
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Candidate to be able to work as a team member, lead a cross-functional team, and also work independently on multi-task assignments.
· Ability to work in a chemical lab environment and with lab equipment and computers. Able to carry out laboratory activities
· Frequently sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard for extended periods of times
· Verbally communicate one-on-one and in front of groups
· Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend and lift up to 25 lbs
· Regular international and domestic travel. (15-30% of time)
· May require passing additional security screening based on customer requirements
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career