Director of Sales1300017B, Westlake, OH
Responsible for the leadership within Adhesive Technologies - Consumers, Craftsmen and Building Sales Team organization and the development of Henkel’s Consumer Sales team members. Core responsibilities include developing customer relationships, generating revenue and maintaining profits as it relates to retail sales. This position has influence on North America Adhesive Technologies - Consumers, Craftsmen and Building Strategic Business Unit strategic direction and is expected to develop new ideas and lead beyond the sales department.
What we offer
- Generate sales revenue and profits (through the utilization of customer and industry data, promotional planning, E6 financial analysis and program planning) aligned with Henkel’s Household & Repair Steering Unit (HHR).
- Develop account management expertise in direct reports and create company leaders by instilling a high performance team culture; assess team training and development needs regularly, continuous evaluation of selling strategies and team abilities.
- Work with channel leaders (direct reports) to enhance channel specific go to market strategies aligned with HHR steering unit priorities, i.e. Food Channel Strategy, Dollar Channel Strategy.
- Manage annual participation in trade shows and industry events specific to the consumer channel (ECRM Stationery, Household, and Checklane events, GMDC).
- Participate in quarterly Executive Communication Meetings (EXCOM) with sales Directors and Vice President to collaborate on strategic direction for the Adhesive Technologies - Consumers, Craftsmen and Building, Business Unit, and Retail Sales Department.
- Participation in HHR subcommittees with peers from Brand and Trade Marketing, focused on aggressively growing the super glue category in the North American market.
- Collaborate with brand and trade marketing counterparts to continuously improve the retail sales selling story for HHR product lines, leveraging IRI and Industry Data, market trends, and detailed competitive analysis.
- Align with Henkel divisions regionally and globally to strengthen Henkel’s position in the world market; Develop and foster relationships with Dial affiliates, UA businesses (AG), and global Adhesive Technologies - Consumers, Craftsmen and Building colleagues.
- Leadership role with external sales rep organizations (ASM) in the consumer channel and hold annual planning and council meetings with management.
- Communicating industry and competitive news to the company.
Who we are looking for
- Education - Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Master in Business Aministration a plus.
- Experience - 5 years National Account Manager; 2 Years Direct Reports/Team Management & Leadership; Wal Mart Experience a plus
- Special skills - Leadership, Negotiation, Time Management, Communication, Decision Making
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID 1300017B and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: