Senior Development Chemist (Scientist)1400002F, Mentor
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Senior Development Scientist is responsible for developing technology in support of the NA Consumer Adhesives (NACA) business and also for contribution to and implementation of Henkel Corporate initiatives where appropriate to the NACA business. The Senior Scientist has a responsibility to ensure that his/her activities and those of his/her reports are aligned with the goals and objectives of the AC business in particular the Reactive Products and Construction Adhesives businesses. This will be accomplished by providing technical support to assist the company in attaining technical, sales and financial goals.
What we offer
- Develop new formulations and adapt existing ones for new product launches.
- Manage day to day interactions with Henkel Technology Platforms and external sources of technology.
- Change existing formulations to improve product cost
- Assist Technical Service in managing product performance and compliant inquiries
- Support Manufacturing and QA with product formulations, process condition recommendations, root cause determinations and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for ongoing staff development and goal setting. Communicate expectations, clearly and consistently, to all direct reports, following up with frequent and appropriate feedback.
- Performing special projects as assigned.
- Support implementation of Iso and Quality programs as required.
Who we are looking for
- Master’s Degree - Chemistry
- Minimum 7 - 10 years technical experience in chemical product development
- High level skills in project management including stage Gate.
- Computer literate, proficient -in MS Office, -statistical analysis programs such as JMP, Design Ease, Minitab and Lotus Notes
- Data Driven - Proficiency in Statistical analysis and Experimental Design (DOE)
- Advanced people management skills and strong mentoring ability with commitment to develop reports to their full potential.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID 1400002F and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career