Senior Scientist140001BL, Irvine, CA
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion. Have you got what it takes?
What we offer
- Conceive innovative routes in the formulation of material and new product development. Employ sound experimental designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for customers, management and technical audiences.
- Organize and manage internal processes designed to support cross-functional stage-gate teams to achieve the development of new technology products consistent with established strategic objectives.
- Provide technical support services to manufacturing and quality as required.
- Work with Product Development teams from other groups and from other SBUs to expand technology platforms.
- Assure all Product Development laboratory work is carried out in a safe manner including employees wearing personal protective equipment, training on safety practices, 5s, etc. and products and processes complying with all international, federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Act as a technical resource for laboratory development in team’s area of responsibility such as die attach, molding compound, liquids, or applications engineering.
Who we are looking for
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or other relevant discipline. Alternatively, a Masters degree + 6-11 years of experience, or a Bachelors degree + 8-15 years of experience may be considered.
- Studies and experience in the areas of adhesives, surface chemistry or composites is a plus.
- Experience in the analysis and application of chemical, physical and mechanical data to problem solving and product development.
- Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis techniques.
- Experience in directing the activities of laboratory technicians.
- Ability to partner with customers in product development programs.
- Experience in technical writing of reports, publications and patents, and in public speaking and technical presentations to customers and at industry technical meetings.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career