Manager - Technical Customer Services6635US, Westlake, OH
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion.Have you got what it takes?
What we offer
The position exists to strengthen a technical presence at the customer level for Adhesive Technologies, Professional and Consumer North America (AC NA) in The United States and Canada through the Professional and Retail Channels.
There is a need to bring technology to the customer and end-user to solve technical problems and to develop awareness of emerging product or application issues in the field with a view to finding a rapid solution. This can be done through direct hands-on presence in the field or by working through the Consumer Relations team.
This position will be a key interface between the AC NA business and the Regional sales representatives, Henkel's AC sales team and Henkel's AC marketing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that customer technical needs are addressed and met.
- To enable the development of sales of both legacy products and new products (Innovations) through the development of applications technology and by working closely with applications technologists, both at customers and internal to Henkel AC NA.
- Support the correct use of Henkel Products in appropriate applications.
- Collaborate with sales teams.
- Provide continuous support to sales to resolve product performance issues and increase customer confidence in Henkel AC NA products. Duties
- Manage the TCS group to drive productivity, speed and personal accountability.
- Accountable for quality and technical soundness of work performed in the TCS department.
- Report to Leadership Team on emerging problems and develops data driven solutions.
- Manage the Consumer Relations Group.
- Drive to maintain and improve the groups impact and effectiveness in the marketplace.
- Work closely with the Product Development scientists and engineers in PD to ensure that technology is applied to
- To develop and write technical processes and procedures, with an applications orientation Tasks
- Design and ensure design of technically sound experiments to provide rapid customer feedback.
- Make technical visits to customers
- Make technical presentations to customers / end users
- Represent Henkel AC NA at Industry Forums and conferences (Building Science Symposia).
- Write or review technical reports
- Manage the TCR project System
- Keep Henkel databases updated in accordance with ISO requirements
- Report to Leadership Team when required and provide frequent status updates on ongoing projects.
Who we are looking for
- Education -- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent.
- Experience -- Three to five years of technical / laboratory supervisory experience with hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Special skills -- Strong Quality Orientation, proficient in Six Sigma (Green Belt or equivalent), LEAN or Total Quality.
- Ability to speak French is an asset but not a critical requirement of the job.
- Strong observational skills.
- Ability to translate observations from the field into meaningful technical action to solve problems.
- Strong inter-personal skills -- ability to communicate with a wide diversity of functions and breakthrough "red-tape" to accomplish goals.
- Recognizes that speed is a competitive advantage and drives towards rapid solutions using available high-level technology.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career