Cost Accountant6743US, Cleveland
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion.Have you got what it takes?
What we offer
Assist the Cleveland Finance Department in the development, interpretation, and analysis of the costing data required to properly value inventory and inventory movement. Provide management with timely and accurate manufacturing results.
- Overall responsibility for the Cost and General Accounting activities for manufacturing facilities, inclusive of monthly review and analysis of the results of operations, departmental spending (plan vs. actual), operating variances, and Financial Reporting.
- Review, discuss, and publish monthly results with operating management.
- Analyze all SAP transaction related recording of departmental spending, scrap, usage, Posting Period Variant (PPV) , Obsolete Stores of Material Inventory (OSMI), allocations, etc. for accuracy.
- Preparation of select schedule analysis for all inclusion in the Management Accounting Package (MAP) reporting for all Manufacturing Facilities.
- Also complete other reports and summaries for management, but not published in MAP.
- Direct responsibility for the development of the fiscal year Standard Costs for the manufacturing facilities, inclusive of ensuring that Bills of Material, routings, and raw material costs are current.
- Assist the Facility Managers in the development of annual Departmental budgets for the manufacturing plants.
- Coordinate the effort for inclusion in the overall Manufacturing Annual Business Plan process.
- Preparation of select General Ledger account analysis and reconciliation.
- Conducts "make vs. buy" analysis.
- Complete Government tax schedules and surveys to remain in compliance with Government standards.
- Provide Process Managers with analytical information that will enable them to operate their facility more efficiently and economically.
- Complete cost estimates on proposed new products.
- Establish standard costs in SAP for all new products.
- Maintain standard costs on all raw materials.
- Supports and complies with all environmental health and safety policies and programs.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3 - 5 years of Cost Accounting experience.
- Must be competent in PC and mainframe computers and knowledgeable in various spreadsheet applications.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career